The first innovative drug to be developed in Israel and to receive FDA approval, Copaxone® is a unique multiple sclerosis immunomodulator: the first and only non-interferon agent for the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Copaxone® is licensed to Teva Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Indicated for Multiple Sclerosis COPAXONE represents a new class of drugs for the treatment of the disease.
- Copaxone is a synthetic copolymer acting as an immunomodulator.
- 1971: First Patent filed by Yeda.
- 1987: Licensed to Teva Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- 2007 Sales: $US 1.7 Billion Market Share: 34%
- 2013 Sales: $US 4.3 Billion